Looking for something specific ?

Tuesday 2 October 2012

Korean art at Saatchi gallery

Since I arrived in London I was craving for the Saatchi gallery. I finally went a few weeks ago.
I found it very interesting that someone decided to promote young and yet unknown artists between some piece of arts of well-known ones. Nowadays it is hard to be recognized as an artist and having some platform which helps you to get noticed is something everybody needs. In that spirit, the Saatchi website is well constructed. Easy access, easy interface.
Okay, it is not the first website to do that. Behance is more famous as a creative networking platform.
But the idea of having a webfolio AND get the chance to expose in a real gallery is completely Saatchi, and I love that.

The exhibition that was on was about contemporary Korean art. Very interesting how some of the artists mixed traditional images with contemporary ones.
As you already know I love discovering new places, new cocktails, new artists and anything that could feed my open-minded needs. As I had no clue about what Korean art would be, this exhibition was perfect for that!

See by yourself with some snapshots I took.
























No comments:

Post a Comment

Be an intruder in this post and leave a juicy comment !