Looking for something specific ?

Friday 19 October 2012

Osteria Basilico

With my parents we used to travel a lot to Italy as we had family there. Mostly in the Toscana region, one of the best known for its incredible food. Last year I visited Roma and Venice for the first time and as always I was impressed by the quality of dishes in any Trattoria! The simplest pasta plate is always incredibly tasty!

Italian food is internationally known but unlike in Italy not every Italian restaurant abroad is a good one.
I love Italian products and it is important for me to find everywhere I go a nice place with Italian certified products well prepared. When I used to live in Switzerland I found my Italian Trattoria and it was definitely my favourite restaurant in the whole city. So, naturally when I arrived in London I searched for its sister.

Luckily, I live just a block away from the Italian street in Notting Hill and so, I tried the Osteria Basilico which was recommended by one of my friend.

After just putting one foot inside I was already falling in love with the place. An authentic Italian Trattoria! Small, cosy, noisy with old wooden furniture and of course an Italian owner and Italian waiters! It felt like just by opening the door I passed through a vortex taking me in less than a second directly to Italy.

And the food! What a delight! While making your choice you will be eating the most delicate rosemary bread, warm as it just came out of the oven with real flavoured olive oil. I almost filled myself with it as I couldn't stop eating!
The Burrata is exactly like in Italy, juicy and tasty, served with a hint of olive oil and Parma ham, the best Burrata I've had since Roma!
Pasta and pizza are traditional too. The ingredients are responsible for the quality of the food, fresh or directly imported from Italy.
You won't be disappointed by the wine list neither, a large choice of Italian (and French) delicious wine.

I can only recommend Osteria Basilico. Since the first time, I've been going there regularly and introducing it to most of my friends. 

Please try to book in advance and go with an empty stomach!

Carpaccio

Burrata and Parma Ham

Seafood Pasta



29 Kensington Park Road
Notting Hill Gate
London
W11 2EU

020 7727 9957

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be an intruder in this post and leave a juicy comment !