Looking for something specific ?

Sunday 23 September 2012

La Petite Bretagne, original french crêpes !

This Friday, I was around Hammersmith looking for a Fancy dress store as I was preparing my outfit for a party taking place the same night.

As I didn't have time to have some lunch I ended up in a small crêperie just in front of the Hammersmith tube station: La Petite Bretagne.

The place is small and cosy, decorated with taste, simple and functional.
And bien sur, the crêpier was french and friendly.
It felt a little bit like home !


I really liked the épicerie (grocery) athmosphere, as there were some shelves with classic french products in vintage packaging. Like sardines, soups, french jam, pastries, marron glacé... All related with la Bretagne, a western french region known for their fishes and of course for their famous crêpes.




After a long hesitation I finally choose one salty crêpe: the Campagnarde with cheese, ham and mushrooms.
My friend tried the Chèvre: goat cheese, rocket salad, mango chutney and ham.
They are really big and I couldn't even finish mine ! It tastes very good and I will encourage you to try the Chèvre one that was quite interesting.



The filling is really generous and prices are more than affordable.

I also liked the graphic design of their logo, menu and cardboard holding the crêpe. It is quite funny and fits perfectly !





















I will recommend this place if you are around Hammersmith and I will definitely go back just to try their Speculoos spread in a crêpe or the Nutella+Banana !


1 comment:

  1. The goat's cheese crepe sounds amazing, i will definately go try the place as i work in Hammersmtih :)

    ReplyDelete

Be an intruder in this post and leave a juicy comment !