Looking for something specific ?

Wednesday 10 October 2012

Yummyatcha

After having some bubbles at a friend's gallery in Mayfair last Friday, I braved the rain for a romantic dinner at Yauatcha in Soho.
I think you remember how was Friday night in London, the worse weather we had in weeks.

So we arrived at Yauatcha completely soaked... After spending quite a while doing my rebellious hair, this was a complete defeat!

Thankfully, I could quickly order my favourite cocktail, the Nashi Momo. A rich and savoury mixture prepared with Belvedere vodka, peach liqueur, nashi pear, coconut and guava juice. It looks so much like a milkshake that I could have some for breakfast anytime!

Nashi Momo

It wasn't my first time at this one-star Michelin restaurant. So when the menu came I handled the ordering.
I always go for the Dim Sum, it is easy to share and it lets you the chance to try a bunch of them. Pointless to say that each one is tastier than the others and that you will definitely have to go back to try them all.

I have honestly not try anything that I didn't like! The star is well earned! As for the staff who is always nice, effective and who will guide you through the never-ending choices in the menu.
My date and I are big fans of seafood so we took many of the prawn and scallops choices. And of course the Crispy Duck Roll which is A-MA-ZING. The Sweet Potato Mushroom Mei-Si Roll is a vegetarian dish winner, this crispy roll soaked up in a little of soya sauce is an explosion of textures in your mouth.

But the most interesting one is the Dim Sum with soup inside (impossible to remember the name). You will have to wait till it cools down a bit and then put it entirely in your mouth. And then the magic happens, mouth filled with a delicious liquid, and you wish there were more of them in your plate.

I can't wait till the next time I'll go to Yauatcha. It is on the top of my favourites Chinese restaurant list, and every time I go it never disappoints me. It feels like an old friend, you know that even if you haven't seen him for a while you will always feel at ease and be happy discovering the new stories he has to tell.

Soup
Rice paper prawn and mango roll



Soup dim sum


Sweet potato mushroom mei-si roll


Pan-fried turnip cake

Crispy duck roll

To finish this tasteful diner I ordered a last cocktail which was also my dessert: the Lady Penelope.
I almost forgot to talk about their iced teas! The most incredible ones I have ever tasted. Made with jasmine tea and flavoured with any kind of fruit, there are extremely refreshing and a good compromise for non-alcoholic beverages.

Lady Penelope
Don't forget to book your table in advance and enjoy this delicious Chinese diner in a very modern environment, aquariums all around you and stars on the ceiling. It can sound like a quiet atmosphere but the music and the buzz going on around you recalls every Chinese restaurant but way more glamorous!


Monday – Saturday : 12 noon – 11.30pm
Sunday : 12 noon – 10.30pm

15-17 Broadwick Street
Soho, London, W1F 0DL
+44 (0) 20 7494 8888

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be an intruder in this post and leave a juicy comment !