Looking for something specific ?

Monday 17 September 2012

Damien Hirst - TATE modern - July 2012

Let's start this blog with one of the first thing I visited after arriving in London, ok, it was in July and not in September, but what does it change ! I still have to update this blog since I arrived here !

I love hanging out in museums and galleries. It is a fantastic manner of discovering new artists or way of thinking. It is a good way to open your mind.

Damien Hirst is a very controversial artist. Some people doesn't even consider that he deserves to be called that way. In my point of view he completely understood our consumerism society. His pieces are based on that over-consumption where we are living in, easily using the most powerful weapon we have nowadays: marketing. I think his art is in some way based on that and it is quite intelligent to create art pieces using that common phenomena. (Reminds me a bit of the spirit of our beloved Andy Warhol)

So here are some snaps I managed to take from that day !

































And of course I couldn't get away of the TATE without a TATE membership card and some snapshot of the surroundings of the museum !



No comments:

Post a Comment

Be an intruder in this post and leave a juicy comment !