Looking for something specific ?

Friday 21 September 2012

The Box

Tuesday night was girls night out for my friends and I. We started having home made cocktails (I would say experimental cocktails) at my place and then moved on to party hard in The Box.
The Box is certainly one of my favourite places in London. If you like unusual places The Box is made for you.

The first Box appeared in New York and I was lucky enough to experiment it. The result was that I completely felt in love with the place. From the outside you will never imagine what is beneath those big black doors. Once you managed to get in you felt like a time-traveller whom landed somewhere during the prohibition in a small, cosy, dark theatre from the 30s.

Yes, I said theatre, and that means shows ! Following the burlesque vibe of those days, The Box provides one of the most trashy burlesque show I've ever seen. But it is not only a freak show it also have amazingly beautiful dance and acrobatic performances ! The London version watered down the show but it is still something you have to see !

I don't want to spoil it by describing you what really happens there but one thing I can tell is that what happens in The Box, stays in The Box. They completely understood the meaning of that motto as it is forbidden to take pictures in the club, and I can tell you that this is the best thing they could offer us ! No one wants to see pictures of you dancing like the devil in the middle of the club with some almost naked guys, not to mention what happens in the stage, where you could easily end !

So if you are in need of something different, unique and unforgettable (well, it depends on how much Belvedere is running through your blood), try The Box !



No comments:

Post a Comment

Be an intruder in this post and leave a juicy comment !