Looking for something specific ?

Tuesday 18 September 2012

New Home !

It is amazing how fast and easy it is to find a new home in London. After spending 7 years in Switzerland struggling with the real estate market, what a relief it was to find a new home, sweet home, after only a week !

Maybe my roomate and I were just incredibly lucky, but I have the feeling that here in London everything moves so fast that the real estate market is constantly renewing their offers.

Of course it works completely different from where I used to live before... Here it is possible to negotiate the rent. For me this was totally new. In France or Switzerland the rent is setted by the landlord or the real estate company and you will never be allowed to bargain !

And what can you tell me about the periodic property inspection ? The agency is allowed to come to your home to inspect it anytime ! I had never heard of that before ! Anyway, I have nothing to hide but I think this is quite an intrusion in people's private life. But we can not do much about that as it is stated in the tenancy contract.

Welcome home !
I think I have a lot to learn about how things works in this island ! But for now I am happy about my choice of host country as I am definately loving living in London !

Not without saying that my flat is incredible and goes beyond all my expectations ! Two same-sized bedrooms (which seemed almost impossible), a fully equipped kitchen with a small wine cellar (I couldn't ask for more !) and best of all an illegal rooftop ! My roomate discovered that we could climb on the roof by the kitchen window, quite safely I would say !

So here is a little glass of wine to celebrate our new home, cheers !!

My rooftop

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be an intruder in this post and leave a juicy comment !